Home
Posted By: Mainely Rick How do I remove an iTunes album? - 01/26/10 03:47 PM
iTunes 9.0.2
I can remove a playlist from iTunes. But how do I remove an entire album from my library? I can select individual songs but cannot figure out how to select and delete (Remove to Trash) an entire album. I mean off the computer, permanently remove, don't want to play it any more, delete.

Thanks
Rick
Posted By: Kevin M. Dean Re: How do I remove an iTunes album? - 01/26/10 06:06 PM
Either select all the tracks for the Album in the Library (not a playlist) and press Delete or Option-Delete if you're in a playlist.
Posted By: Mainely Rick Re: How do I remove an iTunes album? - 01/26/10 08:00 PM
OK. I've got that part. Thanks.
One other question. How do I select all the songs in a library album. The only way I've been able to do it so far is by individually selecting each one while holding down the  key.
Kinda tedious with one of Amazon's 99 song albums.

Thanks
Rick
Posted By: Rodney Re: How do I remove an iTunes album? - 01/26/10 08:23 PM
Originally Posted By: Mainely Rick
OK. I've got that part. Thanks.
One other question. How do I select all the songs in a library album. The only way I've been able to do it so far is by individually selecting each one while holding down the  key.
Kinda tedious with one of Amazon's 99 song albums.

Thanks
Rick

Try using the shift key. That is, click on the first song in the album, scroll down, then shift-click on the last song. That should highlight all the songs between the two clicks.

Hope that helps!

-Rodney
Posted By: Mainely Rick Re: How do I remove an iTunes album? - 01/29/10 06:37 PM
There's exactly what I wanted!
Thanks Rodney.

Rick
Posted By: roger Re: How do I remove an iTunes album? - 01/30/10 07:29 PM
what about Apple- a?
Posted By: Ira L Re: How do I remove an iTunes album? - 01/31/10 09:16 PM
Originally Posted By: roger
what about Apple- a?

Wouldn't that select all tracks in the list of the first selection, not just those in a single album?
Posted By: roger Re: How do I remove an iTunes album? - 02/01/10 02:08 AM
Originally Posted By: Ira L
what about Apple- a?

Wouldn't that select all tracks in the list of the first selection, not just those in a single album?

I guess I misunderstood what was meant by "library album".
Posted By: Hal Itosis Re: How do I remove an iTunes album? - 02/01/10 02:12 PM
Originally Posted By: Ira L
what about Apple- a?

I guess I misunderstood what was meant by "library album".

What would simplify matters is Browser view (now called "Column Browser" in iTunes 9) set to "On Top". Then the album can be selected with one click, any song in that album with another click (or just click in the song area... the point is to shift focus for subsequent keyboard actions), and finally command-A.

EDIT: it may even be that -- once the album is selected in Browser view -- the delete key will operate on the entire album, thus eliminating the need to select its songs (but i'm not sure if that works or not).
Posted By: Sturner Re: How do I remove an iTunes album? - 02/03/10 03:41 AM
What about, while in the Music view, typing the album name in search. Then the Command a keystrokes to select all. Then you can press Delete.
Posted By: Hal Itosis Re: How do I remove an iTunes album? - 02/03/10 03:46 AM
Sure... there exists more than one approach. [i gotta admit, the "delete an entire album" scenario is not one which i have ever needed to execute (nor do i expect to).]
© FineTunedMac