Home
Posted By: MG2009 Old Apps for iPOD - 05/07/23 07:00 AM
Recently, I have found my IPOD TOUCH, 4th Generation from 2010.

Wiped it clean and it restored to iOS 6.1 - the most recent OS it will handle. Still works great for music and photos. No issues there.

I used to be able to read ePub books, but that app seems to have been lost and no longer available from The App Store.

Does anyone know where I can find an out-of-date version of iBooks or some other app that can read ePub books on this iPod?
Posted By: Ira L Re: Old Apps for iPOD - 05/08/23 05:09 PM
Found this, so see if it works for you: "Go to the App Store on your [iPod]. Click on your past "purchases", everything you ever installed [iBooks?] will appear here. Install from there and it will ask you if you want the old version."

Afterthought: does the very old iPod even have App Store access??
Posted By: MG2009 Re: Old Apps for iPOD - 05/08/23 06:42 PM
Hehe. That WAS the first thing I tried (i.e. no longer available at the App Store).
Posted By: joemikeb Re: Old Apps for iPOD - 05/08/23 07:10 PM
There are any number of EPUB readers available in the App Store,,There are any number of EPUB readers available in the App Store, I have no idea if any of them will work. I suspect it’s the 32 versus 64 bit issue that is going to rule the anything it currently in the App Store out.
Posted By: MG2009 Re: Old Apps for iPOD - 05/08/23 07:13 PM
Yes . . . BUT, I am looking specifically for OLD apps which the App Store no longer supports.
Posted By: Ira L Re: Old Apps for iPOD - 05/09/23 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by joemikeb
There are any number of EPUB readers available in the App Store,,There are any number of EPUB readers available in the App Store, I have no idea if any of them will work. I suspect it’s the 32 versus 64 bit issue that is going to rule the anything it currently in the App Store out.

Before I replied above I did a fairly extensive search (partly because I too have a very old iPod). While there are a lot of readers, all of the ones I saw required iOS 10 or later. That may indeed relate to the 32 versus 64 bit issue.
© FineTunedMac