Home
Posted By: kevs Using groups on iphone Contacts - 09/07/20 09:42 PM
On desktop you click group (Contacts) then those entries come up.

ON iphone confusing. Seems they are all checked, but then no uncheck all?
Posted By: joemikeb Re: Using groups on iphone Contacts - 09/08/20 12:12 AM
You are correct there is no Check All or Uncheck All in Contacts. If I understand your question correctlu, the Contacts app on the Mac is more oriented to sending emails, while on the iPhone it is oriented to telephone calls. You might send an email to a Contacts group but you would only call them one at a time. There are a number of Contacts apps in the iOS App Store, you might check them out to see if one of them fits your needs better.
Posted By: kevs Re: Using groups on iphone Contacts - 09/08/20 01:58 AM
Thanks Joe, on iphone upper left says groups, then all checked. What the point?

You'd have to uncheck all of them until you have the one group remaining you want to see?
Posted By: Ira L Re: Using groups on iphone Contacts - 09/08/20 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by kevs
Thanks Joe, on iphone upper left says groups, then all checked. What the point?

You'd have to uncheck all of them until you have the one group remaining you want to see?

You might have one or more groups associated with work only and by unchecking them your Contacts would display only the remaining (non-business?) contacts. Or vice-versa—uncheck personal groups so that only your business contacts are displayed. Similarly you could have shared contacts with a significant other that you do not want to sort through regularly. Check/uncheck the group as needed.
Posted By: kevs Re: Using groups on iphone Contacts - 09/08/20 07:31 PM
Ira, thanks, don't think that works. I have 17 groups and they are all equally important, and I never know which one I want to peek at on the iphone.
Posted By: joemikeb Re: Using groups on iphone Contacts - 09/08/20 07:54 PM
My contacts are synced via iCloud, and on my iPhone, running iOS 14.0 beta, there is an automatically created group in Contacts named All iCloud. Turning All iCloud on turns all 20 of my groups ON. Turning All iCLoud off turns all 20 of my groups OFF. Maybe you just need to wait until iOS 14 is released or sign up to become a beta tester. 😜
Posted By: kevs Re: Using groups on iphone Contacts - 09/08/20 08:22 PM
Joe, I think that works!

I pressed all icloud, at top, and unchecked everything.

I don't understand anything about what said, icloud, but seems to uncheck them all.

I wish the checkmark, would uncheck on specific group automatically, and I wish you did not have have to click Done to see the group, minor iphone annoyances don't have on desktop, but so far I think issue now solved.
© FineTunedMac