Home
Posted By: jchuzi iOS warning - 12/02/17 10:28 AM
I don't use iOS but I came across New iOS bug causes some devices to crash on Dec. 2, here's how to fix it If you are affected, it should help.
Posted By: pbGuy Re: iOS warning - 12/02/17 01:45 PM
iOS 11.2, which is now available, fixes this issue (along adding Apple Cash to Pay, although Apple's backend server support is not yet live - as of this writing). I recommend completing the update rather than the workaround suggested at AppleInsider, particularly their suggestion to toggle Off Auto set for Date & Time.

The issue apparently had to due with local notifications created on-device rather than server based. I had none going into 12/2; so, I didn't see any resulting issues. ...But, I've now completed the 11.2 update.

Here's the iOS 11.2 Update Support Page

It's not been a good week at Apple Software Development. tongue
Posted By: Urquhart Re: iOS warning - 12/02/17 02:09 PM
Usually I have to manually initiate iOS updates, but this one (11.2) got installed all by itself ?!?
Posted By: pbGuy Re: iOS warning - 12/02/17 03:08 PM
I'm curious... Was your update completed while your iPhone was connected to power?

I think Apple has been auto-updating (background push) certain, critical updates. [I wan't aware such was the case with this iOS update, or any of the macOS updates appearing this week, as I completed it manually.] ...This isn't typical, but I sense Apple has been willing to risk upsetting some users, in favor of completing these updates PDQ.
Posted By: joemikeb Re: iOS warning - 12/02/17 03:20 PM
Although iOS 11.2 was officially released some days ago, iOS 11.2 public beta 6 was only released to beta testing yesterday afternoon so development of 11.2 is apparently still ongoing confused
Posted By: pbGuy Re: iOS warning - 12/02/17 03:29 PM
According to the 11.2 Update Support Page, 11.2 was made public on 12/2. (The Beta has been around for a bit, as I had read it would provide Cash.)

Here's more on 11.2 at MacRumors

This weekend update is atypical and probably represents how quickly Apple wanted to get this update behind them on a non-news day.
Posted By: joemikeb Re: iOS warning - 12/02/17 03:43 PM
Public Beta 6 was released 12/2 also — Perhaps Public Beta 6 is the Gold Master? Thinking back that may have happened with iOS 11.1 beta as well.
© FineTunedMac