Home
Posted By: Pendragon New Phones In Apple Stores? - 09/20/17 06:47 PM
Does anyone know if the new phones are available (at least to look at) in the Apple stores?

I am eager to buy a new iPhone X, but would first like to see one.
Posted By: Urquhart Re: New Phones In Apple Stores? - 09/20/17 07:29 PM
The iPhone X release date is Friday, November 3. But supply is expected to be extremely limited, so just looking at it won’t be easy initially.
Posted By: Pendragon Re: New Phones In Apple Stores? - 09/20/17 07:35 PM
Many thanks for the info. 'Tis greatly appreciated.

Of course, I now must decide if I want to order one online or wait until I can see one. Ah, decisions-decisions...
Posted By: joemikeb Re: New Phones In Apple Stores? - 09/20/17 10:06 PM
According to this MacRumors article iPhone X production is not expected to even start until mid October at the earliest so about all you could expect to find at the Apple Store would be a dummy mockup until probably some time in November and then only if you are lucky enough to catch one on the way out the door with a new owner.

My wife informed me she is going to place an iPhone X order as soon as Apple starts accepting them and says I have her permission to order one at the same time. She assumes, of course, I will be paying for both of them. YIKES!

🤑

Posted By: pbGuy Re: New Phones In Apple Stores? - 09/20/17 10:20 PM
Originally Posted By: joemikeb
... iPhone X production is not expected to even start until mid October...

Ordering begins Oct 27 with first delivery Nov 3
Posted By: Pendragon Re: New Phones In Apple Stores? - 09/21/17 02:09 AM
Originally Posted By: pbGuy
Originally Posted By: joemikeb
... iPhone X production is not expected to even start until mid October...

Ordering begins Oct 27 with first delivery Nov 3

It's beginning to look like I'll be busy wasting money making a wise purchase on Oct 27.
Posted By: MacManiac Re: New Phones In Apple Stores? - 09/21/17 07:06 PM
I've been REALLY interested in the iPhone X as its' release approaches, however, because I'm a T-Mobile subscriber (all the reasons for this would fill another thread in the Lounge completely) I choose to wait until the next generation of hardware in the iPhone can support the newly purchased 600 MHz band that is being used to expand the T-Mobile infrastructure here in the US.....I really HATE that decision, but haven't been able to talk myself into a reasonable justification yet. mad

My iPhone 6S is just too functional still....maybe if i dropped it???? crazy
© FineTunedMac