Home
Posted By: artie505 Wrong iTunes App Store ID - 01/24/17 10:32 AM
I'm trying to d/l an app to my iPhone 4, and the iTunes Store login screen with which I'm presented displays an incorrect Apple ID, and I can't figure out how to correct it.

As far as I can tell, I've looked at all settings on both the phone and in iTunes, but I'm apparently missing something.

Anybody?

Thanks.

Edit: I realize that I can change my ID from my deuced Mac(hina) and then revert it, but I'd prefer to do it the right way.
Posted By: joemikeb Re: Wrong iTunes App Store ID - 01/24/17 01:06 PM
Follow these instructions.
Posted By: artie505 Re: Wrong iTunes App Store ID - 01/24/17 03:49 PM
Thanks for the link.

Unfortunately, though, after finally succeeding at hitting enough correct keys to change my Apple ID I learned that the Uber app I want to d/l requires iOS 8, and my iPhone 4 is stuck at v 7.1.2.

Mission accomplished, but only partially. frown
Posted By: joemikeb Re: Wrong iTunes App Store ID - 01/24/17 09:13 PM
At least you are running iOS 7.

AT&T recently announced they are dropping support for the EDGE network. The earliest generation iPhones and lots of other manufacturers older cell phones can only use the EDGE network. When that goes away the older phones will continue to work, but only if they have a WiFi connection and a VOIP app such as FaceTime or Skype.
Posted By: artie505 Re: Wrong iTunes App Store ID - 01/24/17 09:29 PM
Originally Posted By: joemikeb
At least you are running iOS 7.

AT&T recently announced they are dropping support for the EDGE network. The earliest generation iPhones and lots of other manufacturers older cell phones can only use the EDGE network. When that goes away the older phones will continue to work, but only if they have a WiFi connection and a VOIP app such as FaceTime or Skype.

I've got an iPhone only because it's one that my daughter got wet and is no longer reliably functional as a phone; I use it only for Internet and as a camera, and although I've known that Skype is an option, I've resisted going down that path.

I'm perfectly happy being one of the "Unreachables"! grin

But thanks for mentioning it.
© FineTunedMac