Home
Posted By: slolerner Exporting bookmarks from ipad? - 11/03/15 12:09 AM
So, I want to reset my iPad, it's being funky, how do I export my bookmarks to an email, let's say, and then reinstall them?
Posted By: joemikeb Re: Exporting bookmarks from ipad? - 11/03/15 02:34 PM
You do not export your bookmarks, contacts, passwords, etc from the iPad into Mail. But there several other options
  • Backup your data to iCloud
  • backup your data to iTunes on your Mac
  • Set your iPad to use contacts, passwords, mail settings, Safari, etc. from iCloud
In any case rather than doing a full erase and reset simultaneously press and hold the Home button (round button at the bottom of the screen) and the quit button (rectangular button near the top of the screen) and hold until the screen goes blank and the white Apple logo appears then wait patiently for the reboot to complete. This does not erase any apps or data and if that does not work the next step is to go to the Genius Desk.
Posted By: Ira L Re: Exporting bookmarks from ipad? - 11/03/15 05:09 PM
I would support the advice of an iCloud or iTunes backup. Through numerous updates of iDevices on my part, those that restored (should you need to go that route) from an iCloud backup did so flawlessly. Everything looked as it did prior to the restoration, including bookmarks.
Posted By: Virtual1 Re: Exporting bookmarks from ipad? - 11/04/15 01:14 PM
or can't you just sync it / back it up with your computer, reformat, and then restore the backup? or do you think the problems you're having would follow you through that?
Posted By: slolerner Re: Exporting bookmarks from ipad? - 11/04/15 09:06 PM
No, want to delete everything except bookmarks.
Posted By: Ira L Re: Exporting bookmarks from ipad? - 11/04/15 09:25 PM
If that is the case then after reformatting, it should pick up your bookmarks from a Mac with the same iCloud ID that uses Safari (assuming you have an iCloud ID).

Just make sure "Safari" is checked under Preferences>iCloud on the Mac.
© FineTunedMac