Home
Posted By: jchuzi cloning app for iOS - 10/07/15 01:09 PM
Although I don't use iOS, someone I know has an iPhone and doesn't want to upgrade his version until he can have a way to revert, preferably with a clone. Are there any recommendations for cloning apps for iOS? A perfunctory Google search turned up several hits, including iMazing. I can't recommend it because I know nothing about it.

Comments? Other ideas?
Posted By: Virtual1 Re: cloning app for iOS - 10/07/15 03:17 PM
when you do a restore from backup, it should restore the apps synced as well as their local data

that's the only "official" way to clone an iphone.
Posted By: Ira L Re: cloning app for iOS - 10/07/15 05:35 PM
Originally Posted By: Virtual1
when you do a restore from backup, it should restore the apps synced as well as their local data

that's the only "official" way to clone an iphone.

I think the intent is to be able to revert to a previous iOS version after upgrading to the latest iOS. Restore doesn't touch the iOS, no?
Posted By: Virtual1 Re: cloning app for iOS - 10/07/15 06:21 PM
Apple is unfortunately obcessive about trying to force you to keep your iOS version current. They take fairly extreme measures to prevent you from installing a version of iOS other than the latest. This is at any point, including restores, updates, resets, and iPad management (casper and configurator) You cannot restore an older backup of an iOS device without first restoring the current version of iOS to it. The restore process only restores the data, after it reINSTALLS the latest operating system.

Overriding this would just get started with jailbreaking it.
Posted By: dianne Re: cloning app for iOS - 10/07/15 07:31 PM
jchuzi,

Be aware - this article may be outdated: How to downgrade from iOS 9 back to iOS 8.4.

Note that iOS 9 public beta is cited.
© FineTunedMac