Home
I'm entering Contacts data on my new iPhone4S. I have a lot of email and Messages address data that I'd love to somehow transfer into Contacts to save the drudgery of typing them in one letter or number at a time. Is there any way to do that in a batch? I'm still a long way from mastering this phone. Also, I'm using iTunes to sync by plugging in the iPhone's power cord to a USB port on my Mac Pro. I have disabled iCloud and gone back to OSX 10.6.8 for reasons explained in other threads.
Assuming you have the messages in Mail on your Mac as well as on the iPhone, on the Mac you can Control+Click (or right click) on the address and the context menu will offer the option to add the address to AddressBook. Once it is in AddressBook when you synch your iPhone the AddressBook contents will be transferred into Contacts on the iPhone.
VERY helpful. Thank you. I tried it and it worked well! I had an extra step because I use Entourage 2008 for my email, but I was able to import the emails to the Mail app on the Mac Pro and then to do the right-click trick in Mail. It worked and I thank you very much. That is a huge time saver.
© FineTunedMac