Home
Posted By: artie505 Reinstall anomaly - 01/30/23 10:13 AM
I've done countless reinstalls over existing installations of various OSs, and I've never before run across anything unusual that happened as a result thereof.

The other night, though, after I did a Ventura reinstall, I found this guy - NOTE THE DATE - in my Drafts mailbox.

Has anybody experienced a similar occurrence?

And has anybody got a clue how it might have come about?
Posted By: joemikeb Re: Reinstall anomaly - 01/30/23 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by artie505
I've done countless reinstalls over existing installations of various OSs, and I've never before run across anything unusual that happened as a result thereof.

The other night, though, after I did a Ventura reinstall, I found this guy - NOTE THE DATE - in my Drafts mailbox.

In my case, those are usually the result of my getting distracted and either forgetting to hit send or absent-mindedly forgot I started and are old because I seldom ever look in Mail's Draft folder.
Posted By: artie505 Re: Reinstall anomaly - 01/30/23 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by joemikeb

In my case, those are usually the result of my getting distracted and either forgetting to hit send or absent-mindedly forgot I started and are old because I seldom ever look in Mail's Draft folder.
I'm constantly in and out of my Draft mailbox, and that draft was, and I can say this with 100% certainty, NOT laying around for 13 months.

Knowing my habits, I can safely say that it was either sent or deleted the day it was created.
Posted By: artie505 Re: Reinstall anomaly - 02/01/23 10:23 AM
And here's another anomaly.

According to the date, I sent it to myself LAST January.
Posted By: joemikeb Re: Reinstall anomaly - 02/01/23 05:39 PM
  1. Is your Verizon email account IMAP or POP3?
  2. Is your "Sent" folder "on my Mac"?
Posted By: artie505 Re: Reinstall anomaly - 02/01/23 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by joemikeb
  1. Is your Verizon email account IMAP or POP3?
  2. Is your "Sent" folder "on my Mac"?
POP3 (and I clean out my on-line in-box every night).

"On my Mac."
Posted By: joemikeb Re: Reinstall anomaly - 02/01/23 07:00 PM
POP3 (and I clean out my on-line in-box every night).

"On my Mac."

Well that shoots down my theory of a glitch at the server. tongue
Posted By: artie505 Re: Reinstall anomaly - 02/06/23 08:34 PM
And compounding the mystery, I just found out that my Mail "Rules" have disappeared and been replaced by a single rule covering mail from Apple addresses.

This one's obviously on Apple!
© FineTunedMac