Home
Posted By: joemikeb macOS 12.4, iOS 15.5, WatchOS 8.6 Released - 05/13/22 04:14 PM
I woke up this morning to find all my Apple Devices with pending updates. The installs went smoothly. Major items of interest to users in the release include...
Originally Posted by Release Notes
  • Authentication Support is added to the passkey technology preview, enabling signing in to passkey-compatible websites and apps on Mac and iPad using an iPhone with a saved passkey. (87998254)
  • Game Controller Support is now available for new DualSense adaptive trigger firmware features available via GCDualSenseAdaptiveTrigger . (87433163)
  • HealthKit Verifiable health records now support adding vaccination records in the EU Digital COVID Certificate (EU DCC) format to the Wallet and Health apps. (79917344)
There are also a number of issues of interest to developers and several known, but unresolved, issues listed, but nothing major.
Just to clarify, this is the 12.4 release candidate, so we all aren't going to see it in Software Update.
Just to clarify further, since installing the macOS 12.4 GM my system has had three inexplicable restarts. I am hoping for another gold master prior to release.
Originally Posted by joemikeb
Just to clarify further, since installing the macOS 12.4 GM my system has had three inexplicable restarts. I am hoping for another gold master prior to release.
It's been released.
The immediately obvious result of the update is that the American flag that used to be in in my menu bar has changed to an ugly black box with "US" in the middle. frown
I just installed macOS 12.5 beta 3. I wonder if beta 4 will be out before or after Ventura?
© FineTunedMac