Home
Posted By: jaybass OS 10.14.6 - 03/29/22 02:41 PM
I was alerted by apple? that my computer has a problem i.e. eficheck.dump. I believe that means something to do with my firmware.

I ran TTP which includes EFI System Partition (passed) If that doesn't solve the issue, would a re-install of Mojave rectify it?

I haven't noticed anything untoward since learning about this alert. Any advice anyone?

jaybass
Posted By: jchuzi Re: OS 10.14.6 - 03/29/22 03:10 PM
Because I have a suspicious nature, I'll ask how you got this alert. Do you know if it actually came from Apple?
Posted By: jaybass Re: OS 10.14.6 - 03/29/22 03:18 PM
My memory isn't what it used to be but I think it gave me the option of sending a report to apple. That would suggest it being legit.

However, I'm with you about being wary.

jaybass
Posted By: freelance Re: OS 10.14.6 - 03/29/22 06:09 PM
Very suspicious. Tell me there wasn't a link to click in the message?
Posted By: jaybass Re: OS 10.14.6 - 03/29/22 07:26 PM
jon, I had to fix Dw by doing an OS re-install and then enabling SIP but terminal says:

abcs-MacBook-Pro:~ abc$ csrutil enable
csrutil: failed to modify system integrity configuration. This tool needs to be executed from the Recovery OS.
abcs-MacBook-Pro:~ abc$

How do I do that? Anybody!

jaybass

I just went back into recovery and enabled SIP... now OK
Posted By: artie505 Re: OS 10.14.6 - 03/29/22 07:51 PM
You need to boot into Recovery - that's command-R after you hear the startup chime - and once there, search your menu bar for Utilities/Terminal and run the same command. (I think you can do it with just a restart, not a shutdown/restart.)

Once back in your boot volume, run
Code
csrutil status
to confirm that you got it right.
Posted By: artie505 Re: OS 10.14.6 - 03/29/22 08:38 PM
It takes some time to boot into Recovery, so be patient.
Posted By: artie505 Re: OS 10.14.6 - 03/29/22 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by jaybass
I was alerted by apple? that my computer has a problem i.e. eficheck.dump. I believe that means something to do with my firmware.
In situations such as this, you ought to post a screenshot so you don't leave yourself and everyone else guessing.
Posted By: jaybass Re: OS 10.14.6 - 03/30/22 12:37 AM
I should have took a screen shot. However, I did sort things out in recovery and now hopefully, everything is fine. There was also a problem with DW, it wouldn't open up but an email from Marc gave me the

instructions to resolve that problem and now, DW will rebuild directory...something new.

jaybass
© FineTunedMac