Home
Posted By: jaybass Sierra to high Sierra - 03/15/21 06:13 PM
OS 10.12.6

I'm thinking of upgrading to 10.13

I will back up first of course. How do I go about a successful upgrade? Also. what are the advantages High Sierra if any?

Will TTP 9.5.3 work with 10.13?

jaybass
Posted By: joemikeb Re: Sierra to high Sierra - 03/15/21 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by jaybass

Micromat is adamant you should only use the version of TTP that is specific to the particular version of macOS in use. There are many excellent reasons for this, but chief among them is TTP is dependent on Apple command line utilities for many of its features and because those can change from one macOS version to the next, the command that works in Sierra may cause harm in High Sierra or vice-versa. This is true for many third party utility applications such as OnyX, Cocktail, Tinkertool, Tinkertool System, etc.
Posted By: freelance Re: Sierra to high Sierra - 03/15/21 08:38 PM
I can think of no reason not to upgrade. It's very stable.

I took my MacPro 5,1 to High Sierra. It is the last OS that allows me to run Adobe CS5 and all the latest browsers.

I have an iMac 19,1 running Mojave that keeps me up to date with everything else.
Posted By: MartyByrde Re: Sierra to high Sierra - 03/15/21 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by joemikeb

Micromat is adamant you should only use the version of TTP that is specific to the particular version of macOS in use. There are many excellent reasons for this, but chief among them is TTP is dependent on Apple command line utilities for many of its features and because those can change from one macOS version to the next, the command that works in Sierra may cause harm in High Sierra or vice-versa. This is true for many third party utility applications such as OnyX, Cocktail, Tinkertool, Tinkertool System, etc.

Well stated, and certainly accurate! That is why I always say that before moving to a new version of the Mac OS, besides waiting for the initial bugs to be worked out, it is imperative to insure that all the third party applications one uses are compatible with the new OS.
Posted By: jaybass Re: Sierra to high Sierra - 03/16/21 02:29 AM
I want to know the versions for TTP for High Sierra & Mojave. I cannot send emails to micromat at the moment until I fix it. That is why I'm asking.

I may go to Mojave.

jaybass
Posted By: MartyByrde Re: Sierra to high Sierra - 03/16/21 03:55 AM
I want to know the versions for TTP for High Sierra & Mojave. I cannot send emails to micromat at the moment until I fix it. That is why I'm asking.

I may go to Mojave.

jaybass

High Sierra: V9.6.1 https://www.micromat.com/support/kn...nd-macos-high-sierra-10-13-compatibility

Mojave: V11.0 https://www.micromat.com/support/kn...base/techtool-pro-and-macos-10-14-mojave
Posted By: jaybass Re: Sierra to high Sierra - 03/16/21 02:10 PM
Thanks for that Marty, I will try and fix my email problem first..hopefully.

jaybass
Posted By: MartyByrde Re: Sierra to high Sierra - 03/16/21 06:46 PM
Thanks for that Marty, I will try and fix my email problem first..hopefully.

jaybass

You're welcome. Hope things work out for you.
© FineTunedMac