Home
Posted By: MG2009 Aerial Screensaver - 07/21/20 08:53 PM
Downloaded AERIAL screensaver. Thanks, joemikeb.

Very cool. Options to display date, time, weather, etc. while screensaver is active on the monitor.

Bone to pick: With a gazillion video options for display - all over the planet, the ocean, and outer space - nary a single frame of any view in CANADA. Hmph.
Posted By: kevs Aerial Screensaver - 07/22/20 05:08 PM
sorry, did not understand that if have link please include.
Posted By: MG2009 Aerial Screensaver - 07/22/20 06:12 PM
Google: Aerial Apple TV screensaver

P.S. This app doesn't really address "kevs" sleep/display issue of the OP. However, the settings of the app allow for some customization of the display when active (e.g. darker or lighter, fading images, etc.) - if the monitor is left on overnight.
Posted By: joemikeb Aerial Screensaver - 07/22/20 06:21 PM
Originally Posted By: kevs
sorry, did not understand that if have link please include.

If you are referring to the Aerial screeen saver, it is a Github project available here.

By-the-way there is at least one of the videos is taken from a satellite overflight of part of Canada, but it is a 🌧very cloudy day 🌧🤷‍♂️
Posted By: MG2009 Aerial Screensaver - 07/22/20 06:28 PM
Okay. Still, it would have been nice to feature prominently some place in Canada (i.e. similar to New York, LA, San Fran and London). Just saying.
Posted By: joemikeb Aerial Screensaver - 07/22/20 11:54 PM
I can't argue, Canada is a beautiful country. Riding Via Canadia rail from coast to coast is on my bucket list. 😉
Posted By: kevs Aerial Screensaver - 07/23/20 12:07 AM
Joe is this a simple app? There was one called sleep display, you just clicked on it and the display went to sleep. Was annihilated with 64 bit.
Posted By: MG2009 Aerial Screensaver - 07/25/20 03:25 PM
Re: Train Bucket List

----------

I know this thread is getting a bit off the "track" - See what I did there? - but VIA RAIL is hurting these days. Only partially operating for shorter "commuter" types of service. No coast-to-coast runs, as of July 22, but it would be a beauty of a trip if/when it returns. VIA has struggled for years to stay afloat and COVID-19 certainly is not helping.
Posted By: joemikeb Aerial Screensaver - 07/26/20 03:23 PM
Originally Posted By: kevs
Joe is this a simple app? There was one called sleep display, you just clicked on it and the display went to sleep. Was annihilated with 64 bit.

If Aerial is the app you are referring to, it is a screensaver and appeared in this thread as a crossover from another ongoing thread. Sorry for the confusion it caused.
Posted By: MG2009 Re: Aerial Screensaver - 07/26/20 04:22 PM
Kevs:

The only reason I chimed in about AERIAL is that some folks intentionally leave their monitors on overnight - but with dimmer, nighttime settings available through such apps like Aerial.

I thought this might be a temporary option for you until you can figure out why your monitor wakes in the middle of the night. At least the display could be set to kick in with a darker mode until your fix is found.

wink
Posted By: joemikeb Re: Aerial Screensaver - 07/26/20 05:09 PM
Originally Posted By: MG2009
...but VIA RAIL is hurting these days. Only partially operating for shorter "commuter" types of service. No coast-to-coast runs, as of July 22, but it would be a beauty of a trip if/when it returns. VIA has struggled for years to stay afloat and COVID-19 certainly is not helping.

If we get any further off track I will have to move this to the Lounge 😉 But, I am well aware of Via Rails' (and Amtrack's) problems and how, like so many other businesses, those are being compounded by Covid-19. The loss of Via Rail would be a sad for Canada and rail fans around the world including me. I just hope there is enough vision in Ottawa to assure Via's survival in the new normal whatever it is. (I can say the same about Amtrack and Washington.)
Posted By: kevs Re: Aerial Screensaver - 07/26/20 07:23 PM
Thank if someone actually have a new app like Sleep Display please let me know!
Posted By: freelance Re: Aerial Screensaver - 07/28/20 07:50 AM
I never paid much attention to screen savers. The default one would come on if I hadn't put the iMac to sleep.

However, I installed Aerial out of curiosity. Couldn't get it to work. It would install, but wouldn't preview and wouldn't stick when I closed the preference pane.

But, I did notice the iTunes screen saver. That's pretty neat! So, thanks for this thread. smile
© FineTunedMac