Home
Posted By: kevs Laptop cannot find other computer post Catalina - 06/25/20 06:55 PM
My laptop previous was able to see, via home network, my imac in other room. Post Catalina says can't find it. Anyone know procedure to find it? (can't remember how I set that up!) Thanks
System Preferences > Sharing should look something like this.
thanks Joe, not working, very frustrating, should I send bunch of screenshots?

I'm on laptop, in that window. I click + symbol and and navigate to the computers and hard drive in other room but they remain greyed out. The add button greyed out, no matter what I try.

It was fine in Mojave.
Originally Posted By: kevs
I'm on laptop, in that window. I click + symbol and and navigate to the computers and hard drive in other room but they remain greyed out. The add button greyed out, no matter what I try.

If I understand you correctly, you are on the wrong computer. The setup in the screenshot I sent would be on your desktop computer. On the laptop open Finder, then under Locations in the sidebar, select your Desktop computer, then either select the shared volume on the desktop computer to open it or click on the option to share the desktop's screen. (You may have to enter the password for your account on the desktop machine. )
Got it Joe, now works! Thanks.
© FineTunedMac