Home
Posted By: jchuzi macOS 10.15.3 now available - 01/29/20 11:59 AM
I installed the 10.15.3 update without incident (at least so far). I had wanted to use the Combo, which is available here, but the download folder that appeared said it was 10.15.2. That's probably just a typo on Apple's part, but being a cautious sort, I used the delta update available via Software Update.
Posted By: joemikeb Re: macOS 10.15.3 now available - 01/29/20 03:56 PM
Apparently Apple noticed the typo/error/mistake because I just downloaded using your link and it is labeled macOSUpdCombo10.15.3.dmg
Posted By: artie505 Re: macOS 10.15.3 now available - 01/29/20 05:04 PM
Originally Posted By: joemikeb
Apparently Apple noticed the typo/error/mistake because I just downloaded using your link and it is labeled macOSUpdCombo10.15.3.dmg

That's not what I'm seeing..

The completed d/l opened up to a 10.15.2 installer.

UPDATE: I just got 10.15.3 via the same link.

A matter of which server you connect to?

Examine the d/l immediately after it starts to see which one you're getting and abort if necessary.
Posted By: MacManiac Re: macOS 10.15.3 now available - 01/30/20 02:12 PM
Apparently there may be a browser caching issue that contributes to the 15.2 -vs- 15.3 dmg download confusion.....the initial link posted had the wrong info at Apple's end, and they have since corrected their link.

I just tried clicking on the initial link to the combo download in the first post of this thread and was getting the 15.2 result....then manually navigated to the download page on the Apple Support site, selected the 15.3 combo for download and GOT THE SAME 15.2 miscue!

Using the develop menu, I cleared Safari caches and clicked the SAME link to successfully get directed to the 15.3 combo updater dmg download.....my browser had cached the original mis-matched link and was NOT going to let me get to the corrected link until I cleared my browser cache.
© FineTunedMac