Home
Posted By: kevs Why is itunes launching? - 12/11/09 05:41 AM
for some reason F1 in finder, or pressed in any app. is launching itunes.
In System prefs, keyboard, it's not there.
It's not hot keyed in any 3rd party app.
I can't see any reference to in in itunes preferences. I'm baffled. thanks.
Posted By: Kevin M. Dean Re: Why is itunes launching? - 12/11/09 01:32 PM
I don't have 10.6 and I know the way Services are handled has changed a bit, but you may want to check your Services menu as another place where F1 may be assigned to launch iTunes.
Posted By: kevs Dock: I lose my icons - 12/11/09 03:53 PM
With all previous OS, I would drag my hard drives with my icons into the dock and they stuck.
Now I drag them to dock and they are become genereic icons there. anything I can do?
It just worthless having four hardrives in dock -- all with your icon stripped and looking generic. thanks!
They are all now just blue folders except one hard drive which has the hard drive icon, very strange.
Posted By: joemikeb Re: Why is itunes launching? - 12/11/09 04:54 PM
This may sound too obvious, but do these problems persist after you reboot? If so, have you tried creating a Test account to see if the problems persist in the that account as well? (you can create a test account in System Preferences > Accounts then click on the plus sign (+) at the bottom of the list of accounts.)
Posted By: Ira L Re: Dock: I lose my icons - 12/11/09 06:18 PM
Also maybe too obvious--and not always given the credit it deserves--but try repairing permissions on everything.
Posted By: kevs Re: Dock: I lose my icons - 12/11/09 08:58 PM
Ok, guys, thanks,
I rebooted, ran disk permission, and logged to a test account.
The dragging hard drives same in test account. It strips the icons and makes icon genric. Is anyone esle on 10.6.2? Do you hardrives retain their custom icons in the dock?
itunes did NOT launch in test user.
I don't see anything in services except the usual link to system prefs.
What's weird is when I do F1, itunes launches, but the window opens quickly and craches, not a normal lauch - and then music starts playing. Would love to know how to get rid of F1 launch. thanks.
Posted By: ryck Re: Dock: I lose my icons - 12/11/09 11:13 PM
Originally Posted By: kevs
Is anyone esle on 10.6.2? Do you hardrives retain their custom icons in the dock?

I have 10.6.2 and, although I can't offer any advice to correct your problem, I can advise that mine does not work the way yours does.

I have two external firewire hard drives so I tried what you are doing - drag a hard drive icon to the dock. Neither will not stay there. They just pop back onto the desktop.

So far as the F1 key is concerned....it just operates as a brightness dimmer.

ryck
Posted By: kevs Re: Dock: I lose my icons - 12/12/09 03:08 AM
they stay, put them on right side of dock. left for app, right for hard drives and folders.
Posted By: ryck Re: Dock: I lose my icons - 12/12/09 05:15 PM
they stay, put them on right side of dock. left for app, right for hard drives and folders.

Tried that and they do stay...as folder icons. The visual difference is that the 'piece of paper?' sticking out the top is a different colour than the piece of paper sticking out of the icons for folders placed there.

A folder placed in the dock has a brown 'piece of paper' sticking out the top. For a drive, it is white .

ryck
Posted By: kevs Re: Dock: I lose my icons - 12/12/09 06:37 PM
This issue was solved on another forum.
Right click choose folder.
Posted By: ryck Re: Dock: I lose my icons - 12/12/09 07:21 PM
This issue was solved on another forum.
Right click choose folder.

Great, thanks. I keep my Applications folder in the dock and much prefer the folder icon with the capital A.

ryck
© FineTunedMac