Home
Posted By: artie505 macOS Mojave 10.14.2 - 12/06/18 09:18 AM
Considering Apple's recent excellent record of releasing bug-free (in my experience, anyhow) macOS updates and the absence of any negative commentary resultant from joemike's beta-testing, I dove in and installed the macOS 10.14.2 update immediately.

Installation was issue-free, except...
  1. From the point at which the OS computed remaining time of approximately 44 minutes, it completed in 6 (six) minutes.
  2. These guys (only the bottom three) were in my apps folder after the updater ran, and I've got no idea what they were, i.e. they weren't Russian versions of apps that existed prior to the update. (The bottom one was incomplete and wouldn't launch.)
  3. Safari 12.0.2 maaay be a bit snappier than its predecessor v 12.0.1, but that's still up in the air.
Although the Combo has been posted at Download macOS Mojave 10.14.2 Combo Update, I installed the Delta via Software Update.

More: Safari's RAM usage seems to have decreased again.
Posted By: jchuzi Re: macOS Mojave 10.14.2 - 12/06/18 11:26 AM
Thanks for posting the link to the Combo. I will be using it and will post back about the strange apps that appeared for you.
Posted By: jchuzi Re: macOS Mojave 10.14.2 - 12/06/18 12:18 PM
I didn't see those apps anywhere after installing the Combo. The only glitch, so far, is that Entourage 2008 had added an identity, which I deleted. I don't know why this happened. I also don't know how long the installation took because I set it up and then went back to my morning coffee.

BTW, those apps look, to me, as if they are Greek. But then, Russian is Greek to me. grin
© FineTunedMac