Home
Posted By: jchuzi Revert to black on white for Dock menus? - 11/29/09 01:37 PM
One of the changes in 10.6 is that Dock menus (accessed by clicking on icons in the Dock) have white printing on a black background. The reverse was true in previous OSs. Is there any way to switch this to black printing on a white background? I find that to be more legible although it's not a big deal.

I have looked in Dock preferences, OnyX, Cocktail, and Tinker Tool for a way to change this but have not found anything. Is it possible?
MacPilot has the most extensive set of hidden preferences I know of and among the 29 Dock preferences it has, there is nothing to change the Dock Menu appearance. So, I am guessing you are out of luck. Personally I like the new white on black menus but of course that is a matter of personal taste.
Posted By: jchuzi Re: Revert to black on white for Dock menus? - 11/29/09 07:16 PM
Thanks, Joe. I wrote to Apple about including that capability in a future update. I would have liked to have had the choice. Fortunately, this is not a major issue. Overall, 10.6 feels faster and more responsive than 10.5 but that's subjective also.
© FineTunedMac