Home
Posted By: MG2009 Launcher.bundle - 04/11/18 05:39 AM
I'm stumped.

A "launcher.bundle" - looks like a small Lego block - has appeared on my desktop. I have no idea if I dragged it from a folder somewhere else OR somehow created it (???).

When I click on Get Info, nothing indicates from whence it came . . . just that it was created in November 2017 and its path is (now) on my desktop.

Any idea where this belongs? Or is it safe to trash?

Posted By: grelber Re: Launcher.bundle - 04/11/18 07:43 AM
A Google search for that item indicates that it could be just about anything from benign/innocuous to dangerous/malicious.
It's been suggested that one run an anti-malware app on your system to rule out the latter.
If it were me, I'd do just that and trash the item forthwith no matter what the outcome.
Posted By: MG2009 Re: Launcher.bundle - 04/12/18 04:20 PM
Thanks. I did a little more digging and found a TEXT file inside the "Lego" icon.

The developer info was in there. Fortunately, I have only one application by that developer, so I was able to trace it back to a recent upgrade of that software.

By the looks of things (now), the "Lego" was something leftover when the newer version automatically trashed the older version during the upgrade. I moved it to the trash. Then checked to see that the new application still functions as expected. It does.

grin
© FineTunedMac