Home
Today on desktop, getting a lot of "Opening application for the first time", why am I getting all these. Thanks!
  • Are these App Store apps?
  • Have these apps been updated since the last time you opened them?

Joe, this was a few days ago, so now I can't remember the specific apsp... the normal handful I always use.
And I've seen this over the years, and it sometimes puzzles me...
I can see if you have updated something, a big update, but this particular morning it was coming up for app after app... about 4-5 apps. And I did not do any updating.

Also, I noticed yesterday, Firefox not remembering normal passwords or autofill stuff.
As a guess, you might have directory damage. Have you tried booting from the Recovery partition and running Disk Utility's Repair Disc function? Do you have Disk Warrior, TechTool Pro or Drive Genius? If DU can't repair it, one of them may be able to.
Thanks J, I don't think that has anything to do with this.. my guess.
All I can tell you is that now happens every time a new app update is installed, and I have recently had a LOT of app updates. It is my belief this is a Gatekeeper enhancement to be certain you are aware of installations that may have been malicious exploits.
Thanks Joe... hmmmm not sure.. then!
Originally Posted By: kevs
Thanks J, I don't think that has anything to do with this.. my guess.
Maybe you're right, but it won't hurt to try my suggestions.
Did you run Onyx recently?

Whenever I run "Automation" - which cleans out a bunch of caches in the process - I will get that message the next time I open a 3rd-party app such as Apache/Open Office.
I wonder why OnyX would do that?

It doesn't serve any particular purpose that I can think of.
I was advised here or elsewhere to not bother with Onyx or any of the maintenance softwares anymore.
© FineTunedMac