Home
Posted By: Rob McNaughton Mac OS X System details - 11/03/16 01:13 AM
Good afternoon,

I appear to be stuck between a rock and a hard place over my Apple ID and my Apple ID password.

In early July I changed (Internet Service) providers without registering with Apple my change in email address. My prior ISP cut me off with no emails coming to me after 11 July.

So I cannot access my Apple ID to register the change - they will only send emails to my old email address (which no longer exists) .. and of course I cannot upgrade to the newer OS.

Any ideas, anyone?
Posted By: jchuzi Re: Mac OS X System details - 11/03/16 10:31 AM
Phone Apple?
Posted By: Rob McNaughton Re: Mac OS X System details - 11/07/16 07:06 PM
I run a OS X Yosemite (10.10.5) platform on 21 1/2" (late 2012 model), with the processor 2.7gHz Intel iCore i5, the 8GB 1600mHz DDR3 iMac, if this is of any help.
Posted By: joemikeb Re: Mac OS X System details - 11/07/16 08:04 PM
Follow these instructions to change the email address used as your Apple ID
Posted By: Virtual1 Re: Mac OS X System details - 11/08/16 02:59 PM
That's why they have questions they can ask you (online or over the phone) to reset your password. If you never set up questions, this might complicate things.

Also, MANY internet providers offer email-only service, for $10-15/moth. I've used this a couple times when changing ISPs. Kept my email going for a month or two after I switched, until everyone I knew was using the new address.

This was a BIG thing for AOL as people went to broadband, I know people that to this day still pay ($5/mo?) to keep their AOL email address.
Posted By: tacit Re: Mac OS X System details - 11/12/16 01:47 AM
Originally Posted By: Virtual1
This was a BIG thing for AOL as people went to broadband, I know people that to this day still pay ($5/mo?) to keep their AOL email address.

I got my AOL email address in 1992, and I still use it. AOL doesn't charge me for it; I have kept it for free.
Posted By: Rob McNaughton Re: Mac OS X System details - 09/14/17 07:49 AM
Not an option I am afraid ...
Posted By: joemikeb Re: Mac OS X System details - 09/14/17 05:08 PM
What happened when you tried to follow Apple's instructions for changing the email associated with your account?
© FineTunedMac