Home
I'm making a clean backup of my friend's MBP running OSX7.5 because she needs a warranty repair for a battery that is running very hot. She had upgraded iTunes and that for whatever reason did not allow ClamX to update. I ran Disk Utility and it found many iTunes permissions problems. So, after that was resolved ClamX found a version of Chrome that was for Windows and had trojans and adware, etc. Fortunately, it was Windows and she never installed it.

So, when I open the trash, I see a total of five infected files but when I start to empty the trash, it says it is erasing 388 files. Say what?
Just used Onyx to look at any invisible files in the trash and there aren't any. (The only other thing in the trash is the older Onyx app.)
The files actually might be packages containing other files, or something of that ilk. Quite possible if these were trojans, etc.
Quote:
So, when I open the trash, I see a total of five infected files but when I start to empty the trash, it says it is erasing 388 files. Say what?

More or less like Ira said.

I've seen the same thing on numerous occasions, and with no malware involvement.
I hope you are right. I just tried Onyx's other utility Maintenance and couldn't find a problem using that, pit it in the trash, and now there are 4,000 files.
I don't follow exactly what happened there.

(I've been trying to do something to generate an "n" files in the trash dialog, and I of course can't.)
Well, I deleted the trash, made a bootable CCC backup and everything seems to be fine. As far as the AppleCare warranty on the battery, what are the criteria to have the battery replaced? As I said, it is running hot and will not hold a charge.
Originally Posted By: slolerner
As far as the AppleCare warranty on the battery, what are the criteria to have the battery replaced? As I said, it is running hot and will not hold a charge.

That sounds like it ought to suffice, but Apple generally likes to see some sort of documentation, and I'm not sure what that might be in this instance.

Maybe V1 can kick in.

Edit: You probably ought to start a new thread for the battery issue.
Good idea. New string is under "Desktops and notebooks."
© FineTunedMac