Home
Posted By: plantsower AutoFill Passwords - 02/12/14 06:28 PM
Under Safari password prefs I checked "Allow AutoFill even for the websites that request passwords not be saved." I then get: "Your Mac must have a screen lock to allow AutoFill for websites that require password not be saved." Then, "Screen lock settings are available in Security & Privacy preferences."

I went to Security & Priacy prefs and then didn't know what to do, so I unlocked the lock. It still makes no difference. Help! confused
Posted By: ganbustein Re: AutoFill Passwords - 02/12/14 08:36 PM
You turn on the screen lock by checking the box for "Require password [some time] after sleep or screen saver begins".

The padlock needs to be unlocked to make most changes on this pane, but (at least on Mavericks) the "require password" setting can be changed even if the padlock is locked.
Posted By: plantsower Re: AutoFill Passwords - 02/13/14 04:34 AM
Where is that box and those words? They are not under Password prefs in Safari that I can see.

Originally Posted By: ganbustein
You turn on the screen lock by checking the box for "Require password [some time] after sleep or screen saver begins".

The padlock needs to be unlocked to make most changes on this pane, but (at least on Mavericks) the "require password" setting can be changed even if the padlock is locked.
Posted By: plantsower Re: AutoFill Passwords - 02/13/14 05:15 AM
Okay I found it and did what you said. That sounds like a weird way to allow passwords to be filled in on websites. I don't know what that has to do with sleep or screen savers.

Thanks for your help. Let's hope it works.

Posted By: artie505 Re: AutoFill Passwords - 02/13/14 07:15 AM
It's a security measure to prevent passwords from being auto-entered by others when you walk away from your desk; theoretically, you'd either put your Mac to sleep or start your screensaver and be protected.

Edit: In your case, the security may outweigh the AutoFill benefit.
Posted By: plantsower Re: AutoFill Passwords - 02/13/14 06:17 PM
I'm the only one who uses my computer, so I'd rather have the auto fill in. It's a home computer only.

Why would the security outweigh the autofill in my case????
Posted By: plantsower Re: AutoFill Passwords - 02/13/14 06:18 PM
It worked!!! Thank you.

Posted By: plantsower Re: AutoFill Passwords - 02/13/14 06:36 PM
Oh, now I see what you mean. I put my computer to sleep and then had to input my password to get back on which I have never had to do.

I'm learning.
Posted By: artie505 Re: AutoFill Passwords - 02/13/14 09:01 PM
smile

Yup, that's the trade-off...your decision.
© FineTunedMac