Home
OS X 10.7.1, after Safari or iTunes update, repaired permissions and got:

"Warning: SUID file “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent” has been modified and will not be repaired."

Thoughts?
just pop that pathname into the forums search box above... this issue is as old as leopard. crazy

depending on your pov, it can either be "ignored" or become a source of prolonged frustration.

[long story short: disk utility is lying (best case scenario)... do with that info what you will.]
Thanks, Hal. I have no problem letting it go. It was just curious that it only showed up after I went to 10.7.1.
Originally Posted By: Ira L
Thanks, Hal. I have no problem letting it go. It was just curious that it only showed up after I went to 10.7.1.

It's a bug somewhere in the 'Software Update / Installer / Disk Utility' triumvirate.

Its lack of consistency seems to be part of why it's taking forever to find and fix.

The only way i can (fully) let it go is when threads like this one cease to appear. wink
Update: just did a Combo Update to 10.7.2 and the aforementioned warning no longer appears after a Permissions Repair.
Originally Posted By: Ira L
Update: just did a Combo Update to 10.7.2 and the aforementioned warning no longer appears after a Permissions Repair.

That sounds promising, and is precisely how the permanent fix should come (if/when it comes). As it is, any given update has the potential to permanently (or temporarily appear to) fix this bug. So your recent joy may just be a fluke... meaning: the forthcoming 10.7.3 update (or any other update such as Security, Java, etc.,) could easily introduce more changed items, about which Disk Utility might once again act totally oblivious. Time will tell.

If Apple has indeed squashed the bug, i hope they'll release a 10.6.9 update to clear up Snow Leopard as well.
© FineTunedMac