Home
Posted By: ryck Prebinding Query - 11/24/10 06:01 PM
While using OnyX for the first time I saw this statement in the Help document for "dyld's shared cache"':

"It replaces the update_prebinding command used in the previous versions of Mac OSX, which is obsolete as of Mac OSX v. 10.5."

When I make my clone with Super Duper, it goes through a prebinding process. Is it something to care about?

ryck
Posted By: alternaut Re: Prebinding Query - 11/24/10 09:54 PM
Not to worry! laugh From the horse’s mouth*: prebinding was performed to ensure clone bootability, but updating prebinding manually (i.e., by SD!) is no longer necessary with Leopard and up, and the relevant script option in SD!'s Options-Advanced tab may be unchecked when errors are returned.

*) If you’re interested in becoming a horse dentist, check out these posts… wink
Posted By: Virtual1 Re: Prebinding Query - 11/25/10 01:09 PM
I run into a different problem nowadays. I get a dylib error when running certain things when trying to boot a snow leopard installation on a different machine.

the errors cause simple things like shell commands to take 10-20 seconds to run. I've had to put a startup item on my service drive that does a dylib check and rebuild if necessary.
© FineTunedMac