Home
Posted By: artie505 Tucker's GONE! - 04/24/23 07:40 PM
Carlson is out at Fox. Let's hope it's the beginning of a thorough purge.
Posted By: ryck Re: Tucker's GONE! - 04/25/23 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by artie505
Let's hope it's the beginning of a thorough purge.
There may or may not be a purge but, in either case, I don't think it'll make any difference to how the organization acts. They have an audience that wants to hear all the conspiracy nonsense and, because keeping that audience means keeping the coffers full, the organization will make sure they get it. There will be one small difference: they'll now be a bit smarter about it. They will have some sort of disclaimers that get them off the hook for future lawsuits. It doesn't need to be something 'obvious', that will turn off their audience. It can be as subtle as the Host concluding a guest's ravings with: "Gee, if that's true...."
Posted By: artie505 Re: Tucker's GONE! - 04/25/23 06:26 PM
It may not make any difference in how the organization acts, but it does get a major player out of the picture, and I'd love to see a couple more pay the price, which isn't all that unlikely.

Speaking of hosts and ravings, I saw Kari Lake's name thrown into the ring as his replacement...another raving lunatic.
Posted By: artie505 Re: Tucker's GONE! - 04/25/23 07:12 PM
Now, if Bannon and Greene could only be silenced, America would be a much better and nicer place.
Posted By: Gregg Re: Tucker's GONE! - 04/26/23 12:42 PM
The day after his dismissal is when the story came out of a lawsuit by a former co-worker. Sounds like his off-air behavior is responsible for his dismissal, not his on-air irresponsibility.
Posted By: artie505 Re: Tucker's GONE! - 04/26/23 12:55 PM
Who cares?

Although it does make a domino effect look less likely, and it perhaps even insulates the others to a degree, having the airwaves rid of his bigotry and traitorousness, while not quite a giant leap for democracy, is more than just a small step.

I'm curious about what happens to him next. As a bartender, I've observed that customers are stuck on rooms, rather than bartenders. I've seen land-office bartenders move around the corner and lose almost their entire followings as a result, so let's hope that the same fate awaits Tucker. (Witness the size of Trump's followings on Truth and Twitter.)
Posted By: Gregg Re: Tucker's GONE! - 04/27/23 12:14 PM
Most recently disgraced TV broadcasters have rebounded in cyber space media, with not nearly the same exposure as they had previously. It all depends on whether other media outlets call attention to them in their new positions.
© FineTunedMac