Home
Posted By: joemikeb Every Apple Desktop back to System 8 - 11/14/21 03:35 PM
Have you ever wanted to use a desktop picture from another Mac OS version? Macstudio has them all back to Mac OS 8.
Posted By: artie505 Re: Every Apple Desktop back to System 8 - 11/14/21 05:53 PM
Egads! So many pics that I've never seen...because I've never bothered to look.

But, I went through your linked doc looking for a particular desktop from OS X 10.3, and when I didn't find it, I looked deeper and found that the compilation jumps from OS 9 to OS X 10.4, omitting the OS X versions in between.
Posted By: joemikeb Re: Every Apple Desktop back to System 8 - 11/14/21 06:46 PM
I hadn't caught that omission. Neither had I realize how many Tiger desktops there were.

I use the Aeriel screensaver that uses the same high resolution animated images Apple uses in the Apple TV screensaver. Some of those are stunningly 3D on a 4K monitor and I wish I could capture some of those of a desktop.
Posted By: artie505 Re: Every Apple Desktop back to System 8 - 11/14/21 06:56 PM
I never even installed Tiger, so I never saw those - yeah, surprisingly many - desktops 'til today.

I alternate between two desktops, RGB 0,0,0 & 1,1,1...i.e. black & slightly less shiny black. laugh
Posted By: joemikeb Re: Every Apple Desktop back to System 8 - 11/14/21 11:33 PM
My desktop would drive you crazy! I currently have a Chinese temple on the banks of a lake on one screen and an Austrian mountain village on the other. Next month they will be something different depending on my mood at the time.
Posted By: artie505 Re: Every Apple Desktop back to System 8 - 11/15/21 12:26 AM
Originally Posted by joemikeb
I use the Aeriel screensaver that uses the same high resolution animated images Apple uses in the Apple TV screensaver. Some of those are stunningly 3D on a 4K monitor and I wish I could capture some of those of a desktop.
command-shift-3 captures my screensaver as a .png which can be used as a desktop. Is that what you mean?
Posted By: MG2009 Re: Every Apple Desktop back to System 8 - 05/23/22 08:54 PM
FWIW: The MACSTUDIO link in the OP no longer functions.
Posted By: Ira L Re: Every Apple Desktop back to System 8 - 05/24/22 05:08 PM
True, but the web site owner has posted a note elsewhere that says "Get ready for something fantastic, I'm currently working on a portfolio with all of my work. Stay tuned for updates."
© FineTunedMac