Home
Posted By: grelber Egregious Lounge Behavior - 04/17/20 04:17 PM
It's been a while since I pulled the plug on contribution to FTM [post #53954], but I thought I'd take a look at what's transpired since. And lo and behold ...

Despite his often useful assistance in the technologically oriented forums, artie505 has finally uncloaked his Lounge behavior as purposely provocative and resembling that of a "teenage mutant ninja internet troll":
"... I also suggest that you steer clear after I've posted a setup post, as in the cases of Judith and grelber" [post #54107].

It would seem to me that such behavior deserves censure by the moderators and/or administrators as counter to the aims of the Forums.
Posted By: artie505 Re: Egregious Lounge Behavior - 04/17/20 06:10 PM
My response to Judith that I suspect may have induced her to leave wasn't a deliberate attempt to get her to leave; it was a fair and reasonable response to her post.

And my post that elicited MacManiac's response was an attempt to see who agreed with my opinion that your Lounge behavior has been egregious, and that was fair behavior, NOT provocative, because it wouldn't be unfair to say that you've been trolling us Americans by incessantly posting links that we don't care to post ourselves.

You've jumped on a term I used, for lack of a better one, with hindsight, NOT with malice aforethought.

Get over yourself, quit sulking, and rejoin the fray. wink
Posted By: ryck Re: Egregious Lounge Behavior - 04/17/20 10:46 PM
Originally Posted By: artie505
....rejoin the fray.

Yes, otherwise where will I post veterinary questions? A selfish motivation, I agree, but one with which Abby Roade will heartily agree.
Posted By: dkmarsh Re: Egregious Lounge Behavior - 04/17/20 11:08 PM
Originally Posted By: artie505
it wouldn't be unfair to say that you've been trolling us Americans by incessantly posting links that we don't care to post ourselves.

What is it with you and this "us Americans" bull?! FineTunedMac describes itself as "An open community of Macintosh users, for Macintosh users." Open means open to everyone. There's no home team here. And speaking as an American, if there were...I would vociferously decline to have my interests represented by you.
Posted By: joemikeb Re: Egregious Lounge Behavior - 04/18/20 05:25 PM
Originally Posted By: grelber
It would seem to me that such behavior deserves censure by the moderators and/or administrators as counter to the aims of the Forums.

Very well, I find your use of terms such as " resembling that of a "teenage mutant ninja internet troll" equally worthy of censure. Expressing your opinion is perfectly acceptable, assuming you are moderate in your choice of language, but any characterization of another person or their opinion is NOT.

NOTE: Use the Notify button when you see a post you believe is out of line.
© FineTunedMac