Home
Posted By: ryck Smartphones and the sightless - 02/19/19 11:09 PM
As a pedestrian I'm always on the lookout for the smartphone users who insist on walking while staring downward. I don't care if they choose to walk into traffic without looking but I don't want them banging into me. Before now, I hadn't thought how much more of an issue it is for those who can't see.
Posted By: artie505 Re: Smartphones and the sightless - 02/19/19 11:58 PM
Requires a subscription, ryck.
Posted By: ryck Re: Smartphones and the sightless - 02/20/19 12:00 AM
Originally Posted By: artie505
Requires a subscription, ryck.
Crap....
Posted By: artie505 Re: Smartphones and the sightless - 02/20/19 12:06 AM
If you set your fingers for a quick screenshot - before the "subscription required" pop-up pops up - you can get a bit of an insight.
Posted By: artie505 Re: Smartphones and the sightless - 02/20/19 03:00 AM
I will not "yield right of way" to people who are too busy indulging themselves texting to be aware of what's going on around them.

I'll follow that up, however, by saying that the worst case scenario has never happened, because, in my experience, anyhow, texters have a sixth sense, and they invariably look up and react to my presence.

All the same, though, I'd hate to be in the position of the article's author and have to rely on someone else's sixth sense.

I'm very apprehensively anticipating the day when failure to yield right of way to a texter is classified as a misdemeanor. crazy
© FineTunedMac