Home
Posted By: jchuzi They walk among us and they vote. - 09/10/17 05:38 PM
The nutcases are coming out of the woodwork again. Did lesbians cause hurricanes Irma and Harvey? God knows
Posted By: joemikeb Re: They walk among us and they vote. - 09/10/17 09:33 PM
They aren't coming out of the woodwork again, they have always been and in all likelihood, will ever be with us. It is because of that, I thank God for the wisdom of the framers of our Constitution. In too many places in this world they would not have the freedom to publicly espouse such ignorance and intolerance in God's name. Thanks to our constitutional protection for the freedoms of religion and speech they can and do speak out and reveal their quasi-religious bigotry for what it is. Their ignorance cannot stand the light of day and like cockroaches they thrive best when their activities are out of sight behind closed doors. Ridiculous claims like these are the reason the Jim Baker, Kevin Swanson and their ilk are preaching to ever smaller congregations. The fact they would say things like this now reveals their desperation to find some cause to reinvigorate their flagging ministries and replenish their shrunken coffers.

In the meantime the Evangelical Christian mainstream has largely moved on from railing against gays and gay marriage, and their issue today is more likely to be the threat imposed by global warming and the necessity for husbanding the planets resources. Ie. pretty mainstream issues and surprisingly out of step with current conservative politics.
Posted By: ryck Re: They walk among us and they vote. - 09/11/17 12:44 AM
Originally Posted By: jchuzi
The nutcases are coming out of the woodwork again.

The scarier part is that they have followers......although I must admit I liked the suggestion that hurricanes Harvey and Irma are punishment for electing Trump. laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: jchuzi Re: They walk among us and they vote. - 09/11/17 10:02 AM
Electing Trump is punishment enough. tongue
Posted By: Ira L Re: They walk among us and they vote. - 09/11/17 12:32 PM
The (lesbian) mayor of Houston responded to Anne Coulter. She tweeted back something to the effect of "damn, now my ability to control weather is no longer a secret!"
© FineTunedMac