Home
Posted By: pbGuy MacFixit is now Gone - 03/26/14 03:55 PM
This news from Ted Landau. ...Inevitable.
Posted By: Ira L Re: MacFixit is now Gone - 03/26/14 04:04 PM
The primary contributor to the most recent version of MacFixIt has started his own site at MacIssues. Check it out.
Posted By: MacManiac Re: MacFixit is now Gone - 03/26/14 05:14 PM
Yep, all in all, a good long run.....but for all of us here at FineTunedMac, that run essentially ended when CNET ran roughshod over the MacFixitForums community and WE left to form this site. The time that T. Kessler managed to sustain the MacFixit name under the CNET / CBS Interactive umbrella has actually run longer than I personally expected by a large margin....which leads me to commend him for his dogged determination and wish him luck in his future endeavor.

My 2 cents.
Posted By: grelber Re: MacFixit is now Gone - 03/26/14 06:13 PM
Ted was a wonder vis-à-vis MacFixIt. But now he's in a far, far better place. "It is a far, far better thing I do than I have ever done."

Until things got weird, MacFixIt was a fortress of solitude and place of grace (which was especially meaningful to me around 9/11).

Ave et vale. Or, as one might say, mutatis mutandis: The king is dead. Long live the king!
Posted By: freelance Re: MacFixit is now Gone - 03/26/14 06:20 PM
I owe my computer education to MacFixIt and the good people that frequented the place.

And who could forget the politics of The Lounge? Phew!
Posted By: grelber Re: MacFixit is now Gone - 03/26/14 08:19 PM
Originally Posted By: freelance
And who could forget the politics of The Lounge? Phew!

But there were so many more cat folk and discussions in those days. {sigh}
Posted By: artie505 Re: MacFixit is now Gone - 03/27/14 05:13 AM
For what it's worth, the old MacFixIt Forums archive can still be accessed. tongue
© FineTunedMac