Home
Posted By: Virtual1 something happened! - 08/24/12 08:01 PM
http://vftp.net/virtual1/temp/mfif/something_happened_sm.png
Posted By: alternaut Re: something happened! - 08/24/12 09:47 PM
Okay! cool laugh
Posted By: Virtual1 Re: something happened! - 08/24/12 09:56 PM
so... if I click "cancel"... then what? does something not happen? or does nothing happen? or both?

And what then are the ramifications of something both happening and not happening at the same time? Schrodinger?
Posted By: ...JER Re: something happened! - 08/24/12 10:00 PM
I think it UN happens grin
Posted By: alternaut Re: something happened! - 08/25/12 12:01 AM
Originally Posted By: Virtual1
so... if I click "cancel"... then what? does something not happen? or does nothing happen? or both?

No, 'something' happened, past tense, over & done with. The result includes that dialog. When you now click any of the dialog buttons, 'something else' happens, the flavor of which depends on the button of choice. tongue The main difference in interpretation is one of outlook: happenings are positive events, while Schrödingers cat won't get fat off the absence of happenings, I'm afraid... shocked smirk
Posted By: tacit Re: something happened! - 08/26/12 09:15 PM
Originally Posted By: Virtual1

If you click Cancel, something new will happen: the dialog will close and the total amount of entropy in the universe will increase slightly, hastening the heat death of the universe and thereby dooming us all.

If you click Okay, the dialog will close and the net entropy in the universe will increase also. However, this may be slightly different, depending on the location of the mouse cursor and/or your fingers when it happens. If you hit the Return key on the keyboard, the net entropy gain will be slightly reduced, thereby postponing our inevitable doom, unless the mouse pointer was already over the Okay button, in which case it's six of one doom, half a dozen of the other doom. If you do nothing, the Okay button will pulse, thereby resulting in more entropy and--you guessed it--our inevitable doom.

No matter what you do, we're doomed.
Posted By: ryck Re: something happened! - 08/27/12 12:47 AM
Originally Posted By: tacit
No matter what you do, we're doomed.

Oh crap! I wish I had known....I wouldn't have paid off my VISA.
Posted By: MacManiac Re: something happened! - 08/27/12 05:05 AM
...the answer is 42!
Posted By: jchuzi Re: something happened! - 08/27/12 09:47 AM
The real answer is CHOCOLATE. Who cares what the question is? grin
Posted By: tacit Re: something happened! - 08/27/12 05:54 PM
I love chocolate.

Not just for its rich, tasty, creamy goodness, but for what it represents. Take a universe that starts with nothing but hydrogen (and a little bit of helium and lithium), wait a few billion years, and through the alchemy of stellar nucleosynthesis and molecular biology, some of it becomes CHOCOLATE! Isn't that AMAZING?
Posted By: alternaut Re: something happened! - 08/27/12 06:36 PM
Originally Posted By: tacit
... CHOCOLATE! Isn't that AMAZING?

Yes, and if anything, too much so. I have trouble keeping myself in check... shocked tongue
Posted By: Virtual1 Re: something happened! - 08/27/12 06:51 PM
/me wonders what he's started....
Posted By: alternaut Re: something happened! - 08/27/12 07:17 PM
... and /me sure appreciates the fact that he feels responsible! smirk laugh
Posted By: jchuzi Re: something happened! - 08/27/12 09:12 PM
And let's remember that chocolate is good for you. After all, it comes from a bean and beans are vegetables, aren't they? Therefore, chocolate is a vegetable. wink

It's not just for breakfast anymore.
Posted By: artie505 Re: something happened! - 08/27/12 11:26 PM
Beans are actually seeds; a green glass beer bottle is a vegetable. shocked
© FineTunedMac