Home
Posted By: Pendragon Demise Of MobileMe - 06/28/12 08:21 PM
With the demise of MobileMe nearly upon us, I wonder if anyone has seen a list of what MobileMe plugins, preferences, and other detritus that is safe to delete.
Posted By: Virtual1 Re: Demise Of MobileMe - 06/29/12 03:54 PM
Originally Posted By: Pendragon
With the demise of MobileMe nearly upon us, I wonder if anyone has seen a list of what MobileMe plugins, preferences, and other detritus that is safe to delete.

or more importantly, what's gonna break unexpectedly.

I haven't turned mine off just yet tho it's been harping at me. I use it to sync my older iphone (ios 4) with my addressbook on my computer (10.6.8), mainly. I don't think either of those will work with icloud...
Posted By: joemikeb Re: Demise Of MobileMe - 06/29/12 05:18 PM
Originally Posted By: Virtual1
or more importantly, what's gonna break unexpectedly.

I haven't turned mine off just yet tho it's been harping at me. I use it to sync my older iphone (ios 4) with my addressbook on my computer (10.6.8), mainly. I don't think either of those will work with icloud...

"Dropbox" may be an answer for older OS and application versions.
Posted By: Pendragon Re: Demise Of MobileMe - 06/29/12 10:26 PM
Alas, it's that "what's gonna break" that gets my attention. I can find the MobileMe pieces okay, but I truly don't understand/appreciate all the inter/intra connect nuances that may be involved.

All too often, an update to a program/application has an effect on some other (distant) part of the system, that to me, is just not intuitive. Ergo, my tread is light.

OTOH, if to were not for folks like moi, no one would have ever created that adage about fools rushing in...
© FineTunedMac