Home
Posted By: Dave Steve Jobs resigns from Apple, Cook becomes CEO - 08/24/11 10:29 PM
Quote:
(Reuters) - Silicon Valley legend Steve Jobs on Wednesday resigned as chief executive of Apple Inc in a stunning move that ended his 14-year reign at the technology giant he co-founded in a garage.

Apple shares were suspended from trade before the announcement. They had gained 0.7 percent to close at $376.18.

The pancreatic cancer survivor and industry icon, who has been on medical leave for an undisclosed condition since January 17, will be replaced by COO and longtime heir apparent Tim Cook.

Here's the complete article: Steve Jobs resigns from Apple, Cook becomes CEO

Also: Apple publishes Steve Jobs' resignation letter

I wish him well.
David Pogue, the New York Times Technical Columnist, wrote a great homage to Steve Jobs and his amazing accomplishments.
From CNN's YouTube channel: Wozniak on Steve Jobs' legacy
Also from CNN: Wozniak: Jobs was always one step ahead
Originally Posted By: Dave

surprised. only 49 views so far when I clicked on that?
It appears there are some restrictions on viewing it. When I tried, I got:

The uploader has not made this video available in your country.
Sorry about that.

But it can be viewed at CNN ....after a commercial.

ryck
Here's link to an interesting column (observation, really) at TUAW by Michael Grothaus, who's a former Apple employee.

Personal Impression - Tim Cook
Quite the insight. Many thanks!
Yes, thanks. Cook's approach is actually the kind of stuff you read about in various of the more enlightened books on management. The difference is that he appears to put the theory into practice.

ryck
Screenshot of Jobs' Daily iCal (The Joy of Tech) -

Jobs' newDaily Calendar

© FineTunedMac