Home
Posted By: artie505 Apple bug report question... - 10/26/10 03:03 PM
I'd like to file one that deals with Safari extensions, and I'd like to include my machine profile and a crash report, but I can't locate a link that allows attachments.

Will somebody please direct me to the obvious?

Thanks.
Posted By: Kevin M. Dean Re: Apple bug report question... - 10/26/10 03:54 PM
If an extension has crashed, have you contacted the extension's developer first?

Also, you can try the latest Webkit Nightly to see if the crash problem still exists there.

http://nightly.webkit.org/
Posted By: jchuzi Re: Apple bug report question... - 10/26/10 04:55 PM
Will the report allow you to paste the profile and crash report (instead of attaching it)?
Posted By: artie505 Re: Apple bug report question... - 10/26/10 07:33 PM
Thanks for the link, Kevin, but I doubt it would be helpful, because the issue can't be duplicated.

No, it's not an extension that crashed; what happened is that installing a SnapBack update wiped AdBlock's "Local Storage," and Safari crashed in the balance.

This is the second time the same thing has happened - the "wipe," anyhow; I don't remember about the crash - and it's one of the developers who suggested going through Console and crash logs and filing a bug report.
Posted By: artie505 Re: Apple bug report question... - 10/26/10 07:36 PM
Originally Posted By: jchuzi
Will the report allow you to paste the profile and crash report (instead of attaching it)?

I suppose I could do that, Jon, but it's so inelegant that I can't believe it's the only route Apple has provided.
Posted By: dkmarsh Re: Apple bug report question... - 10/26/10 10:43 PM

Register as an Apple Developer.

Originally Posted By: developer.apple.com
Use the Apple Bug Reporter to submit and track bug reports and enhancements requests for iOS, Mac OS X and Safari.

Costs you nothing but a few minutes of time, and the Bug Reporter interface includes the means to upload files. ("For crashing issues, upload any pertinent crash logs. For reports against Hardware, Printing, Graphics or Audio, upload the System Profiler Report or Windows System configuration.")
Posted By: artie505 Re: Apple bug report question... - 10/26/10 10:53 PM
Great! Thanks. I knew there had to be something somewhere. (As long as they don't expect me to develop anything more complex than a winter cold, though.)
Posted By: Virtual1 Re: Apple bug report question... - 10/29/10 06:33 PM
Originally Posted By: artie505
I'd like to file one that deals with Safari extensions, and I'd like to include my machine profile and a crash report, but I can't locate a link that allows attachments.

Will somebody please direct me to the obvious?

Thanks.

We're here to help
Posted By: artie505 Re: Apple bug report question... - 10/29/10 08:04 PM
Damn... That made me laugh out loud. grin

Thanks.
© FineTunedMac