Home
Posted By: jchuzi Apple is king of the hill - 05/26/10 06:48 PM
Apple Overtakes Microsoft
Posted By: Virtual1 Re: Apple is king of the hill - 05/26/10 07:33 PM
wow.
Posted By: Gregg Re: Apple is king of the hill - 05/27/10 11:39 AM
Pretty cool. Now we have to practice being smug.
Posted By: jchuzi Re: Apple is king of the hill - 05/27/10 12:02 PM
Of course, this will result in Apple becoming too big for its britches, just like MS. I predict that the complaints that people have about MS will be repeated for Apple. Power corrupts...
Posted By: artie505 Re: Apple is king of the hill - 05/28/10 08:07 AM
Originally Posted By: jchuzi
Of course, this will result in Apple becoming too big for its britches, just like MS. I predict that the complaints that people have about MS will be repeated for Apple. Power corrupts...

And it never occurs to the wearers of ill-fitting britches to shed some of their Corp.(ulence).
Posted By: ryck Re: Apple is king of the hill - 05/31/10 04:46 PM
It probably doesn't help Microsoft too much when their own employees seem to prefer the Apple OS. According to Bloomberg, Julien Boidin, a Microsoft employee in Paris who has an iPhone and a Macintosh computer, was heard to say:

"I tried to buy an iPad in Seattle when I was there about 15 days ago, but they were sold out; so I decided to wait till it came to Europe. I live in Normandy and commute for four hours a day. I needed something for the train ride."

ryck
Posted By: jchuzi Re: Apple is king of the hill - 06/02/10 02:53 PM
Originally Posted By: jchuzi
Is Steve Jobs Big Brother?
Posted By: tacit Re: Apple is king of the hill - 06/03/10 01:20 AM
Apple's been too big for its britches for quite some time. Apple and Microsoft both have long histories of control freakery; it simply manifests in different ways, that's all.

I will say that I prefer a company to become valuable by making products that people really like, rather than by strong-arming the competition with aggressively monopolistic practices. But that's a whole 'nother conversation altogether...
Posted By: jchuzi Re: Apple is king of the hill - 06/23/10 11:42 PM
Apple’s Success Brings Scrutiny, and Rivals’ Envy
© FineTunedMac