Home
Posted By: dianne What if I had bought Apple stock instead? - 04/27/10 11:49 PM
From Kyle Conroy's Personal Blog and Portfolio – Should I have bought that Apple Product?
Quote:
Currently, Apple's stock is at an all time high. . . . how much would you have today if you purchased stock instead of an Apple product?
What if I had bought Apple stock instead?
Nice one smile (though, potentially a "downer" wink ).

Thanks.
Posted By: jchuzi Re: What if I had bought Apple stock instead? - 04/28/10 08:35 PM
Don't tell me what I should have bought then. Tell me what I should buy now. A little 20-20 foresight would be nice. mad
Posted By: ryck Re: What if I had bought Apple stock instead? - 04/28/10 09:30 PM
Gads. I hate to think what the figure would be based on my first Macintosh in 1984....when Apple stock was about $6.00.

Oh well. As they say, too soon old and too late smart.

ryck
If you want regrets, my 3 "favorites" are:

- Not spending my college tuition on Xerox stock in 1960.

- Not buying Berkshire Hathaway in 1972.

- Selling my 1000 troy ounces of silver (bought/sold at $6 per tr.oz) just before the Hunt brothers drove it up to $60 per in the late '70s.

{sigh} {double sigh} (triple sigh}
Posted By: jchuzi Re: What if I had bought Apple stock instead? - 04/29/10 12:37 AM
Ah, all these regrets about money. Don't you all realize that money is the root of all evil? That said, I volunteer to provide a service for everyone: Send me your evil, dirty money, all of it, and I will cleanse it for you before disposing of it in an environmentally correct way. This offer will not be repeated, so hurry. The offer expires at the turn of the next century or my death, whichever comes first.
I'd like to see if/when he expands that table to go back before 1997.

Specifically the fx:
  • The Macintosh IIfx was a model of Apple Macintosh computer, introduced in 1990 as the fastest Mac, and discontinued in 1992. At introduction it cost from US $9,000 to US $12,000, depending on configuration.

$10,000 for a Mac II in 1990. shocked

Find the lowest stock price between 1990 and 1992, do the math... and cry. grin

Jon,

You did not mention your address, so I sent all my money, stocks, bonds, & bearer certificates to your numbered Credit Suisse account in the Cayman Islands. I hope that's not inconvenient for you.

As always, my many thanks.

Posted By: jchuzi Re: What if I had bought Apple stock instead? - 04/29/10 12:09 PM
Thanks, Harv. I received the money and immediately invested it in Bernie Madoff's account.
© FineTunedMac