Home
Posted By: iBozz RSS feed - 02/17/10 09:00 AM
I hope my unsuccessful search is correct and that there is no mention of this elsewhere (apologies if age related optical decay and congenital incompetence mean I've missed it) but are there any plans to start an RSS feed from FTM like (dare I say it) that from our former home at MFI?
Posted By: cyn Re: RSS feed - 02/19/10 05:15 AM
I'm not sure whether you're asking about the FTM home page or the forums (the MFI home page had an RSS feed, but MFIF didn't). As far as the FTM forums are concerned, though, I'm still undecided about enabling the RSS feed feature.

BTW, regarding your unsuccessful search: seems to me a search for RSS feed should turn up that "We need RSS feeds for this site." thread, but I tried and for some reason it doesn't find any of those posts. Can't figure out why. confused
Posted By: dkmarsh Re: RSS feed - 02/19/10 05:49 AM

Quote:
...seems to me a search for RSS feed should turn up that "We need RSS feeds for this site." thread...

I don't think the phrase RSS feed appears anywhere in that thread; it's always RSS feeds. Likewise, an all-forums search for job turns up no results, even though a a search for jobs turns up 30 hits. The software appears not to consider a matching portion of word to be a match for a search word. (Which is probably actually as it should be; otherwise seaching for, say, hi would turn up all the results containing his.)
Posted By: Hal Itosis Re: RSS feed - 02/19/10 04:09 PM
Might want to add a "don't view my post in ubbthreads-dark" line to your sig. wink
[some readers could get awfully confused otherwise. grin i.e., the "s" is all but invisible.]

FWIW, my 3 'colors-of-choice' which seem to work well in both light and dark themes are: FF6600, 33CC00, and 3366FF (all on row 4 of the palette).
Posted By: Kevin M. Dean Re: RSS feed - 02/19/10 08:57 PM
Many forum searches require words 4 letters or longer, so maybe the search is just ignoring the 3 word items like rss & job.
Posted By: dkmarsh Re: RSS feed - 02/19/10 09:57 PM

Searching for "repair permissions:"

Originally Posted By: Search results for query: '"repair permissions"
Your search for '"repair permissions"' returned 51 results.

Searching for "repair permission:"

Originally Posted By: UBB Message
There are no results for your query. Please try a broader range of search criteria.
Posted By: cyn Re: RSS feed - 02/20/10 02:25 AM
Right you are, dk.

Thanks for pinch-hitting for my brain. blush
© FineTunedMac