Home
Posted By: Virtual1 live chat? - 08/10/09 09:14 PM
I was thinking how useful it would be to have a live chat available, for those that need an immediate answer or for questions that are likely to require several exchanges of information that can go painfully slow via forums.

Just for laughs I used ichat's "go to chat room" feature and have gone to a chat room named "ftm". Anyone else care to join? This feature works with AOL's client in general so ichat (or a functional mac) is not a requirement to join the room.

Posted By: PChaterosx Re: live chat? - 08/10/09 09:51 PM
We need that feature on here. I second that idea.
Posted By: donikatz Re: live chat? - 08/11/09 03:14 AM
I think the recorded and searchable back & forth is important for research and for community. A live chat goes against the feel of a support forum, IMO. Would lead to disarray.
Posted By: macnerd10 Re: live chat? - 08/11/09 03:53 AM
...Not to forget that currently this is a one man effort.
Posted By: MacManiac Re: live chat? - 08/11/09 04:08 AM
That's no way to refer to CYN!!!! blush

Really this whole endeavor is truly a group effort....which includes not just the Admins / Mods, but all of the members as well.
Posted By: artie505 Re: live chat? - 08/11/09 06:53 AM
> I was thinking how useful it would be to have a live chat available, for those that need an immediate answer or for questions that are likely to require several exchanges of information that can go painfully slow via forums.

It's a thought I've had any number of times while trying to walk a poster through a complicated issue post-by-sometimes-days-apart-post.

But I'll side with Doni on this one; anybody with a critical need for input *must* be willing make hirself readily available for an in-Forum back and forth, the record of which would benefit the entire Mac community rather than just one anxious poster.

I would, however, entertain the idea of responders and anxious posters making appointments to meet within the "friendly confines" of these forums.
© FineTunedMac