Home
Posted By: artie505 FTM cookies expiring - 08/31/21 11:53 PM
The past couple of days I've had to log in to FTM even though I had logged in the day before.

I've checked my cookies, and although they've been set for a 30 day life, they've been disappearing overnight.

Anybody else?
Posted By: ryck Re: FTM cookies expiring - 09/01/21 12:55 AM
Not me. I'm set up to click "LogIn" and have the site provide User Name with the computer retrieving the password....continues to work fine.
Posted By: Ira L Re: FTM cookies expiring - 09/01/21 04:33 PM
When you log in do you also check the box "Keep me logged in"? This is required to maintain 30 day cookie freshness.
Posted By: jchuzi Re: FTM cookies expiring - 09/01/21 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by Ira L
When you log in do you also check the box "Keep me logged in"? This is required to maintain 30 day cookie freshness.
As I pointed out in a different thread, this only works if you check that box BEFORE you enter your ID and password. Why? It's a mystery.
Posted By: artie505 Re: FTM cookies expiring - 09/01/21 05:43 PM
Responding to you and Ira, yes, I keep that box checked, and that's as per your suggestion (to me in that other thread).
Posted By: jchuzi Re: FTM cookies expiring - 09/01/21 05:59 PM
For lack of a better suggestion, have you tried emptying the Safari cache?
Posted By: artie505 Re: FTM cookies expiring - 09/02/21 08:23 AM
Originally Posted by jchuzi
Several times a day.

I duuno, it's been OK for a few days, so I'll just wait and see if I can scope something out next time it happens...if it happens again.
Posted By: Ira L Re: FTM cookies expiring - 09/02/21 04:57 PM
As I pointed out in a different thread, this only works if you check that box BEFORE you enter your ID and password. Why? It's a mystery.

For me at least, the "before ID entry" is no longer the case. I can check that box at any time during the log in process. It used to be the way you describe, but it seems to have been modified.
Posted By: artie505 Re: FTM cookies expiring - 09/12/21 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by artie505
Several times a day.

I dunno, it's been OK for a few days, so I'll just wait and see if I can scope something out next time it happens...if it happens again.

I made a mental note that my cookies were scheduled to expire on 9-30, and they disappeared today???

The new ones are supposedly good 'til 10-12. Let's see. tongue
Posted By: artie505 Re: FTM cookies expiring - 09/12/21 04:57 PM
For me at least, the "before ID entry" is no longer the case. I can check that box at any time during the log in process. It used to be the way you describe, but it seems to have been modified.
I'm running 10.15.7, and I just tried logging in your way. Let's see.
© FineTunedMac