Home
Posted By: grelber FTM clock won't reset - 03/08/15 11:08 AM
When I tried to reset my FTM clock to match the server's (ie, 0 offset, with the advent of DST), even though it was advised that Your settings have been updated, they weren't.
I even tried logging out and back in to see if that made a difference. It didn't.
What am I missing? Or is this a known bug? I never had the problem before.
Posted By: jchuzi Re: FTM clock won't reset - 03/08/15 01:54 PM
Have you tried cleaning caches or deleting cookies?
Posted By: grelber Re: FTM clock won't reset - 03/08/15 02:22 PM
I hadn't (because I never had in the past). So I did, and it made no difference (the offset is still an hour out, even after reset yet again).
Posted By: artie505 Re: FTM clock won't reset - 03/08/15 02:52 PM
Why did you "reset [your] FTM clock to match the server's"?

FTM's clock changes on its own...or at least mine has adjusted to EDST with no action by me.

Your hour off sounds like it's maybe be your own doing.
Posted By: grelber Re: FTM clock won't reset - 03/08/15 08:26 PM
My location vis-à-vis time zone (CST) doesn't observe DST; therefore twice a year I have to reset my FTM clock (if I want entries to match the clock properly).
Posted By: artie505 Re: FTM clock won't reset - 03/09/15 12:45 AM
Well, then, for what it's worth, I just did a test reset of my time pref, and it stuck.
Posted By: grelber Re: FTM clock won't reset - 03/09/15 08:05 AM
I tried another test. Both before and after editing my preferences the clock preference read the same:
What time format do you want to use?
2015-03-09 04:02:03 [in drop-down menu window]
Current server time is: 2015-03-09 03:02:23

However, when I actually posted test items the posting time was correct (after making the appropriate change).

So ... the clock actually does reset, it just doesn't show up as such in the drop-down menu window under Edit preferences.
Strange behavior which I don't recall happening over the past decade.

Posted By: Virtual1 Re: FTM clock won't reset - 03/10/15 02:16 PM
maybe I'm just a bit tired this morning, but... "FTM clock"? Fine Tuned Mac Clock is all I can come up with.

if it's a mac, they sometimes require a pram zap if they don't want to set the clock.
Posted By: grelber Re: FTM clock won't reset - 03/10/15 04:37 PM
Let's go with 'tired'. smirk

We've been talking about resetting the time specs under My Stuff > Edit Preferences. I just used the neologistic phrase 'FTM clock' as a shorthand.
© FineTunedMac