Home
Posted By: Ira L "Show topics active in the last..." - 08/17/09 09:17 PM
It would be nice to have a profile preference setting that allows the user to select the default time period for this setting. Now the pop-up menu defaults to "last month" and any new selection is not carried across different forums, so that the choice must be made for each forum visited. Seems cumbersome to me.
Posted By: donikatz Re: "Show topics active in the last..." - 08/17/09 09:53 PM
+1

(I think it was the same was @ MFIF, though, wasn't it?)
Posted By: Ira L Re: "Show topics active in the last..." - 08/18/09 07:25 PM
Yes, but--and this makes a big difference--in the old MFI Forums the "Replies" column would show in red parentheses the number of new posts since the thread was last viewed. With this feature one could readily spot what was "new", even if the last month's worth of postings was on display.

Now when I look at a forum and it opens with a month of listings, it is not readily obvious what is new, what I have already read, etc. Either let me easily control the time span of the display, or highlight for me that which is new since my last visit--or both! smirk
Posted By: donikatz Re: "Show topics active in the last..." - 08/18/09 09:40 PM
I think the plan will be to enable new post counts again, once Franklin's resolved the performance issues. So I think we'll get our wish soon enough.
Posted By: Ira L Re: "Show topics active in the last..." - 08/19/09 09:21 PM
That's good to hear, as well as that the performance issues are being worked on. I was able to bake three loaves of bread in the time it took for this post to appear after clicking the "Submit" button. smirk
Posted By: donikatz Re: "Show topics active in the last..." - 08/19/09 09:38 PM
mmm... you're making me hungry!
© FineTunedMac