Home
Posted By: Sally Blank word document created on Imac - 10/07/13 10:36 AM
Help please! I am a new Mac user and duly downloaded Microsoft Office as that is what I am used to. I created a new Word document only to find it was blank apart from a headline next time I tried to open it. I created another, taking care to save it regularly, only to find the same thing has happened. What am I doing wrong? Very grateful for some guidance on this.
Posted By: jchuzi Re: Blank word document created on Imac - 10/07/13 01:34 PM
Since nobody else has replied, I'll take a stab at this. I use Word 2008 and I assume that you're using Word 2011 but there may be some similarities.

It's possible that you're saving to the Cloud instead of to a folder on your hard drive. See if anything in OS X Mountain Lion: Create and save documents rings a bell. If all else fails, contact Microsoft; Apple Support won't help you with a non-Apple app.

Welcome to FTM and good luck to you. Let us know how it goes.
Posted By: artie505 Re: Blank word document created on Imac - 10/07/13 02:58 PM
I can't nail the thread at the moment, but didn't joemikeb post very recently that MS Word does not work with the cloud?
Posted By: artie505 Re: Blank word document created on Imac - 10/07/13 03:05 PM
Hi, and welcome to FineTunedMac. smile

Just to be certain that I understand your post, does "a headline" mean the first line you typed?
Posted By: jchuzi Re: Blank word document created on Imac - 10/07/13 04:07 PM
Originally Posted By: artie505
I can't nail the thread at the moment, but didn't joemikeb post very recently that MS Word does not work with the cloud?
Your memory may be better than mine, but does that include ALL versions of MS Word?
Posted By: artie505 Re: Blank word document created on Imac - 10/07/13 08:04 PM
I believe so. (I just tried to find that thread but couldn't.)

Maybe joemike will check in on the subject.

Edit: Found it!
© FineTunedMac