for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Thread Like Summary
joemikeb
Original Post (Thread Starter)
Migrate from Mojave to ? #62376 08/23/2022 7:19 PM
by freelance
freelance
Hi. I've been running the latest version of Mojave happily for a couple years now, but I notice that security updates and the latest Safari are not available for 10.14 so it might be time for an upgrade.

Software Update wants to take me to Monterey, but it's fairly recent, I think. Would I be better off/safer to upgrade to Big Sur? Only one app that I rely upon requires Mojave, so I'll have to launch my Mac Pro to use that, but I'm pretty sure all my other apps will run in Big Sur or Monterey.

Should I stick to the tried and tested (Big Sur) or go straight to Monterey?

Thanks.
Liked Replies
Re: Migrate from Mojave to ? #62377 Aug 23rd a 07:45 PM
by artie505
artie505
I had a problem with Music.app in Big Sur that forced me to revert to Catalina, but I've been happily running Monterey since shortly after it was released.

With Ventura due out in just a couple of months, Monterey is old hat already...tried and true on its own at this point, so I say "go for it."

Bear in mind that since Apple has been releasing public betas, new macOS versions are, to a large degree, tried and true at their release date.
1 member likes this