for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Thread Like Summary
joemikeb
Original Post (Thread Starter)
iPhone battery losing charge #62131 07/25/2022 10:47 PM
by plantsower
plantsower
I recently replaced my iPhone battery. While plugged in sometimes it would lose its charge. I made sure the charge icon showed active charging.

I took it back to the repair shop and was told nothing was wrong with the battery but that I should put my brightness on auto, make sure there are no apps running in the background, and turn off wi-fi and bluetooth if I am not using them. I can see that if it was unplugged but anyway...

I looked at my battery info in settings and it shows which apps are using the most energy. The top one was my photos! It said it was using 99%. My photo app wasn't on and is rarely on, so why would it show that? It's like it's sapping my iPhone energy without being opened!
Liked Replies
Re: iPhone battery losing charge #62142 Jul 26th a 05:04 PM
by Ira L
Ira L
Originally Posted by plantsower
Yes, assuming I use the Music app. I don't. I get my music off of YouTube. I find my mac more user friendly for things like that so I download what I want and then transfer it to my iPhone.

Originally Posted by joemikeb
Why are you using Air Drop to send the Music to your phone? confused

Assuming it started out in Music on your Mac and both your Mac and iPhone are on the same Apple ID, the tunes should automatically be available in Music on your iPhone. Any tunes I add to My entire music Library can be played on any of my Apple devices, including the HomePods and Apple TV, the only requirement being they must be logged onto the same Apple ID. If I don't want to stream the music from iCloud for some reason, I can always physically download it in Music on the other devices when I have a Wi-Fi connection. The Apple Watch is the only device that requires the tunes to be physically downloaded. It sounds as if you are trying to drive nails with a screwdriver. (pun unintended)

If the YouTube music you download can be played on the Mac or iPhone, then it can be imported to the Music library on the Mac, after which it can be automatically transferred to the iPhone as joemikeb suggests above. That would keep it out of your Photo app.

I might guess that the YouTube music is actually a music video, which is why they are going to the Photo app on your phone. But the Music app on the Mac can import music videos too, so give it a try either way.
1 member likes this