for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Thread Like Summary
joemikeb
Original Post (Thread Starter)
It's Ventura Time #62036 07/11/2022 7:11 PM
by joemikeb
joemikeb
Like everyone else that has installed Ventura, the first, and most immediately noticeable item is: System Preferences have been replaced with System Settings, lifted almost directly from iOS/iPadOS. In fact, the Preferences menu in all Apple apps has become the Settings menu. Like it or hate it, my immediate reaction is, "at least it consistent across Apple OS variants", which IMHO is as good thing. One thing that has not changed is the download and install time estimates are still wildly inaccurate until the final ten minutes which are dead accurate. The initial estimate started out at 2 1/2 hours and a bit over half an hour I was up and running in Ventura. So far...
  • Sounds Source is broken, but a Ventura fix is promised by fall
  • Carbon Copy Cloner 5 won't run, but there is a version 6 beta available
  • ScanSnap Home that was broken in Monterey 12.5 beta 5 works in Ventura
  • DEVONThink 3 plugin for Mail is broken
  • there has been an update to Safari Technology Preview
  • ???

...and this is only fifteen minutes after booting. All-in-all not bad at all for a first public beta.

Now it is time for iOS 16 and iPadOS 16.
Liked Replies
Re: It's Ventura Time #62772 Nov 5th a 09:06 AM
by artie505
artie505
Originally Posted by ryck
Originally Posted by artie505
The hardest part of the learning curve arises from relocated items, which force you to search for stuff that used to be "right there.
It seems to me that searching should not be necessary. Why can't the code writers/designers keep track of stuff they are moving and, once they are done, publish a list of "You used to find this item here, but now it's over there"? They could make things much easier.
A graphic presentation would be easier to deal with than a list, but it would probably be equally ignored by users in favor of posting questions. tongue
1 member likes this