for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Thread Like Summary
joemikeb
Original Post (Thread Starter)
Quicken purchase query #59376 08/28/2021 1:49 PM
by ryck
ryck
I use Quicken only to track credit card expenses - none of the analysis and downloading features. However, I am using a 32 bit version and would like to get current with Quicken so that I can move to a newer OS.

Quicken is now a subscription service but, if you do not renew your subscription, the software continues to function. You just don't get access to help, updates, et cetera. That works for me and buying a one-year subscription is like buying an upgrade....fair enough. However, on the off chance that Quicken should fail after a year, I would want to re-install.

Quicken offers a back-up disk for a few bucks extra which, on the surface seems like the perfect solution EXCEPT I don't know if the disk is still useful after a year. Does it (or, could it) have code that makes the disk non-functional after a year? If anyone out there is a Quicken user who has taken the approach the way I am thinking, I'd appreciate hearing.

Any other thoughts, gratefully accepted (other than, why don't you switch to _________? I've been using Quicken since Attila the Hun was in third grade and and am not crazy about changing.)
Liked Replies
Re: Quicken purchase query #59383 Aug 29th a 01:42 AM
by artie505
artie505
Worst case scenario, if you've got a spare Mac hanging around, you can set the date back and use it as a dedicated Quicken machine.
1 member likes this