for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Thread Like Summary
joemikeb
Original Post (Thread Starter)
imymac #58743 05/24/2021 6:12 PM
by plantsower
plantsower
Do you guys have any opinions on the imymac software to clean up my mac? Thanks.
Liked Replies
Re: imymac #58755 May 25th a 05:05 PM
by Ira L
Ira L
Originally Posted by plantsower
Why are you even considering it? If you've got any specific issues that lead you to think that your Mac needs "cleaning up," why don't you post them here?

I was interested in this app because I have tried everything suggested here before and what I saw online to speed up my old MacBook. It's getting slower and slower and, for some reason I have problems with it at my bank website even though I am running the same version as on my newer MacBook which is doing fine. I am leery of these kinds of apps too, that's why I asked. Thanks, Artie.

Aside: I've reverted from Big Sur to Catalina - 10.15.7 - and I've got Safari 14.1. It looks like you've missed an update.

I have an old (9 years next month) MacBook Air that gets limited use. I have noticed over the last year with it that Internet use has slowed tremendously; more spinning beach balls after simple actions, like typing a URL, filling out a form on line, etc. My suspicion, in both of our cases, is that the road on which we travel has changed, not the vehicle in which we are traveling. By that I mean web sites are more sophisticated even if we don't notice it. And our hardware gets more overwhelmed, especially if we are using software designed for the newer circumstances. So far my usage does not require that I go with something newer, but I suspect that day is coming.
1 member likes this