FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Thread Like Summary
joemikeb
Original Post (Thread Starter)
pixelating #58707 05/17/2021 7:02 PM
by jaybass
jaybass
OS 10.13.6

I did a back-up and after that, some words in my favourites sidebar and mail sidebar are pixelated. I checked the internet but didn't find any solution.

Any ideas? I was informed that repairing permissions may solve the problem using terminal. I filled out the necessary words and now terminal says 'Ownership of the affected disk' is required.

I typed in my email, then my name and then my admin. none of those were accepted. Does anyone know what I need to do?

jaybass
Liked Replies
Re: pixelating #58721 May 19th a 12:02 AM
by artie505
artie505
Originally Posted by jchuzi
Originally Posted by joemikeb
As to the cause of the error, I concur with Artie it was most probably a temporary glitch in your system that was cured by the universal computer panacea — a reboot.
I don't know if this works all the time, but logging out/in can solve problems as well. I have done this a few times rather than restart, and it takes less time.
The problem with logging out/in - which has historically been the go-to troubleshooting step - is that if it doesn't work, you've got to restart, and if that doesn't work, you've got to shut down/start up, because each option gets deeper into the system than the previous one.

I find it easiest to skip the preliminaries and go right to shut down, and its now taking only a minimal amount of time, as opposed to the 1-2 minutes it used to take, is a plus.
1 member likes this